twitter facebook instagram tumblr pinterest youtube

Pages

Sunday 27 April 2014

escape the hustle and bustle




I'm sure you know that I flippin' love a good adventure. I also equally love a good adventure with my super handsome one, Alfie. As I work full time & have work to do outside of that, I rarely get a chance to escape the city of Cardiff. All around this city are fields, mountains, areas of spectacular beauty that we all forget is there. I tend to think about it too much instead of forget about it. I crave it.  The thought of walking through trees, getting my feet stuck in mud, finding little creatures, having a little picnic lunch, getting a chance to use my camera, being in the middle of nature, hearing nothing but chirps and the wind.. that's my idea of heaven on most days. I was so content. 

So, a little while back, Alfie & I had the same day off for once and decided it was about time he took me to Garth Mountain. It's literally just 10/15 minutes away on the train and then a good old trek to get to the top. As soon as you step off the train, you can see your destination and you just get this instant feeling of wanting to walk, walk, walk and walk some more until you're there. 

Needless to say, I loved the entire day. It wasn't bad weather, but it wasn't sunny either. There was this bizarre haze for the entire day and quite humid. I'm glad it didn't rain on us! We would defiantly have had soggy sandwiches. I got to see Cardiff from a very different angle and it made the city look teeny tiny and like I was on top of the world. So here's a few snaps from our little adventure. Enjoy! 












Have a wonderful Sunday - even if Mother Nature is angry today! -x 


No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template