twitter facebook instagram tumblr pinterest youtube

Pages

Friday 18 April 2014

Gluten Free Banana & Choco Chip Loaf

Hello! It's almost Easter! So after I've slacked from my blog for a couple of weeks - here's one for you, and there'll be a few more to come in the very near future :) 

-x- 

If there's two things I really like in this world, it's banana's and chocolate. So, when I had a bunch of over ripe banana's from a family trip ready to be binned, I had a brain wave and decided to do something with them. One of my goals for this year was to cook more. So the day I got back from Somerset I had a group of friends over, and I thought this would be both a lovely snack for them to have over a bit of chit chat - but also, who doesn't love the smell of baking when they walk through the front door?! So here's the recipe I followed - it's also gluten free because of my poor tum tum! 


     
    


Ingredients

3oz of butter/margarine 
6oz of sugar
2 eggs, beaten 
450g of mashed banana's 
7oz of gluten free flour
1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
4oz chocolate chips *the recipe said nuts, but i changed that quickly!

Steps 

1. Grease a 2lb loaf tin *i'm not sure what mine was, but it made 2 loaves!
2. Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy
3. Add eggs one at a time, beating between each addition
4. Add banana's and beat again
5. Stir in the flour, bicarbonate of soda and chocolate chips
6. Put mixture into tin, bake for 1 & 1/4 hours at 180° until well risen and firm

It was probably one of the most simple recipes I've ever followed! 
It went down a storm, both loaves were demolished and I'll definitely be making it again. 
The original link to this recipe will be just here :) 

Hope you're all having a wonderful Good Friday! 
elfums x 



No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template