twitter facebook instagram tumblr pinterest youtube

Pages

Wednesday 13 January 2016

· on to the next! · 

Happy New Year Everyone! 


· happy times from last year · 

iceland//london with my bestest//stepmomma
rossross//another of my bestest//my pup
best parents ever//the boys//the greatest friends



I'm not one for new years resolutions, they just do not work for me. I would rather just let the year happen, and whatever I do, whatever happens, will happen. Last year was a very large mixture of emotions and happenings for me. Quite frankly, I don't want to remember some parts, I don't want to dwell on others, and the nice bits, they can stay there too. This year, I want things to change. What I do know is, is that I'm living with someone really great and I'm comfortable in that. I have a job and I can afford to do things. I am going to University and even though this is a difficult foundation year, I'm doing well, and I just have to get through from now until June, and then hopefully I'll have passed to get onto my first year. I have the greatest family and friendship group and I couldn't ask for a better bunch of people to get to spend my time with. I'm getting on with getting myself back to 'happy' and that's also a big step and it seems to be doing the trick too. 

What I do know is, this year, I have to focus on doing things that make me happy. One of my biggest flaws I've learnt from last year, is that I spend most of my time worrying about other people, and not paying any attention to myself. If I do, it's usually a negative thought about myself. This year, that will not be happening. Or at least I'm going to try! 

I was reading a blog earlier and they had written down some things that make them happy. So I thought I would do the same. Obviously, this list is tiny compared to absolutely everything that makes me happy, but it's just a few things that came to mind for right now. 

To be honest, I can't believe it's already the 13th January already. But I'm going to try and do as much this year, in the free time I do have in between work & uni, with the best people. Hangs, adventures, times in the pub, meals out, cinema times, getting creative, movie nights.. whatever it is, I don't want to miss any moments this year by being down in the dumps. 


Here's my happy list! 

· singing musical soundtracks when i'm home alone
· the famalam 
· cosy nights in with lauren, dressed like grannys, in mismatched pjs, watching one direction videos 
· the proud feeling i get when i've passed an assignment or test in uni 
· ski trips: there's nowhere i've ever felt more comfortable, the atmosphere, the smells, the company, it's the best holiday feeling ever
· not knowing what this year is going to bring, not waiting for things to happen, things will happen when they are meant to
· getting in contact with people who you've not spoken to in a while 
· face timing family 
· a cold can of coke
· getting urges to be really creative again 
· having the help to get me happy again 
· days when you have no plans, but then get to see your favourites
· lush perfume 'karma' 
· going to the cinema 
· my bed 
· neil the sloth from the goggle box advert 


Clearly, as I said, this is most definitely not everything. By any means. 

Wether you have made resolutions, made goals, whatever, I hope this year is good to you all! 


1 comment:

  1. About time you did stuff for you Hunny. You've done so well in Uni so far, having worked hard and you deserve to reap the rewards. Be kind to yourself because if you can't then you can't expect anyone else to. Remember what Nan said "You die if you worry, you die if you don't, so why worry?" Love you loads munchkin xxx

    ReplyDelete

blogger template