twitter facebook instagram tumblr pinterest youtube

Pages

Monday 4 August 2014

Hello, Nash Point

Happy Monday everyone! 

I've just got back to my own flat after having a super lazy day with Alfie and suddenly had the urge to write a blog post before I eat my dinner. 

A couple of weeks ago, Alfie & I took the train to Llantwit Major, about 40 minutes away from Cardiff. From there we took a nice long trek to Nash Point. We followed the coastal path most of the way there, but also traipsed through lots of reeds and bushes and bits of forest. The views a long the way were incredible and it was so nice to be out and about and not feel close to a city one bit. 






On the way back we mostly walked a long the beach and pebbles, also finding ammonite fossils on the way which always makes us happy. The weather was very strange this day but thankfully, even with storm clouds above us, it hardly rained. We walked for miles and miles and we definitely felt it. 
Our feet were killing, I wore the wrong kind of back pack because our little trip was a bit of a spontaneous one! I didn't have any walking stuff with me at Alfie's! Lesson learned. 






I recommend going to Nash Point if you're ever in Wales. There is a spectacular lighthouse there, and some really nice secret places to venture to overlooking the sea. It's amazing when the tide is in! Also, as I mentioned before, many an ammonite! I love finding them!






Hope you enjoy my photo's from the day! I didn't take many on my DSLR as I wanted to explore more than photograph that day, but Alfie sure did. Speaking of him, he's recently started up something a long side his own work on Instagram called 'Explore Wales' - when you go on an adventure or somewhere you think should be shown off, then hashtag #explorewales and he might put it up on the feed! Plus you get to see some really great shots of our beautiful country. 





Hope you all have a great week :) 




elfums x

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template