twitter facebook instagram tumblr pinterest youtube

Pages

Friday 21 February 2014

couldn't wait for pancake day

Thank goodness it's friday right! 
Well i still have two days left in work.. never mind! 

- x - 



Last week, my boyfriend & I had a morning off together, so I decided to treat us to a pancake breakfast before he had to head off to a meeting. I have been craving pancakes for a very long time, but just never had the time or the cooking utensils to make them. So I made a mini goal for myself to buy the kitchen goodies on a budget and realised I only needed to purchase flour & eggs and bam! we had ourselves some yummy pancakes with strawberries. The only difference is, is that I had to substitute regular flour for gluten free flour. I'm having a few issues with gluten & wheat at the moment, and whilst i figure that all out, i'm cutting it out. They didn't taste as good as my Mumma's used to, but they were still yummy none the less! So I thought I would share a few photo's and the recipe i used to make them - hope you enjoy! 

Recipe

Ingredients:

110g/4oz plain sifted flour *i used gluten free flour
a pinch of salt
2 eggs
200ml/7fl oz milk mixed with 75ml/3fl oz of water
50g/2oz

and any topping you wish *we used strawberries & sugar!

Method:

- Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl
- Make a well in the centre of the flour, and crack the two eggs into it
- Whisk the eggs with either a whisk or a fork until you get a paste 
- Gradually add the water/milk and mix until you get a smooth batter
- Melt the butter and then add 2tbsp into the batter and mix
- Use the rest of the butter for use in the pan before you make each pancake
- Get your pan really hot, then turn it down to a consistent medium heat
- Using a ladle, spoon the batter into the pan, so you have a good thickness to the pancake
- To keep your pancakes warm, have a pan of water on a very low heat with a plate on top, this allows you to rest the pancakes on top without them losing heat *it says to use greaseproof paper in between each one, but i don't see the need to
- Once you've made your pancakes, you may eat them with your favourite toppings! 


Ever since I was little, my Mumma used the Delia Smith recipe for the pancakes she made for me from a DS recipe book. Luckily, this recipe was on the BBC website *link just here*
Don't get me wrong, I do like american style pancakes, but these are just the best! 

- x -



 
 


Hope you've enjoyed this post!
Have a wonderful weekend!

elfums x


No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template